I’ve been single for the last three years and while the rest of my peers have gotten engaged, married and had babies, I’ve become more single, if that were such a thing. Dating has become more complicated and chore-like.
No wonder we are turned off by first dates. Good ones or bad ones, you never know if it will get you closer to coupleville or further away from it. Then you realize you’ve spent months or even years stuck in singlehood.
But the most asked question is why? Couples can’t understand the difficulty of coupling because they forget how hard it was before they met mr and miss right. And single people have had it with this question. It drives us fucking nuts. “Why are you single?” Don’t you think if we knew the answer to that question we’d try to fix it?
So why are you single?
The short answer:
– Guys are assholes/Girls are bitches
– Guys are commitment phoebes/Girls are high maintenance
– Guys play games/ Girls play games
The real answer:
I don’t know
So why are you single again? Why am I single?
Here’s the truth or what I’ve fabricated as the truth:
1. Communication is awful – How ironic it’s the age of communication and we suck at communicating.
2. There are too many choices – I blame the internet, social networking and sexting.
3. Vanity – We are too into ourselves to make time for someone else (I’m looking at you Selfie).
If you’ve mastered the dating game and find yourself coupled you’re either more evolved than the rest of us or just plain lucky.
So if you have some answers or would like to ramble please comment below.